Waupun Fire Department
Waupun City & Country Fire Departments proudly protect 14,000 people living in an area of 110 square miles. We operate out of one station that protects a residential and commercial area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a combination of paid and volunteer status. We have an ISO rating of 3 for the City of Waupun.
The Waupun Fire Department was officially organized in 1874 . Forty five members signed on to provide service to the city.
Today it is a combination department with 29 paid on call, a full-time Chief and one Administrative Secretary. We also provide fire protection to three state prisons and three townships.
The strength of our department is the dedicated volunteer firefighters. The members have a total of 484 years of experience for an average of 17 years. The commitment also reflects in the attendance at meetings which is 92% and at fire/rescue calls 82%.
The Waupun Fire Department is dispatched via 911 through the Fond du Lac County Dispatch Center.
Organizations We Belong To
- Wisconsin State Fire Chief's Association
- International Association of Fire Chiefs
- Wisconsin Society of Fire Service Instructors
- Wisconsin Fire Inspectors Association
- Wisconsin Firefighters Association
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Dodge County Firefighters Association
- Dodge County Fire Chief's Association
- Fond du Lac County Fire Chief's Association
- Dodge County Haz-Mat Team
- Wisconsin Association of Hazardous Materials Responders
- Wisconsin EMS Association
- Wisconsin Emergency Management Association
- International Association of Arson Investigators