Waupun Fire Department / Emergency Management
16 East Main Street, Waupun, WI 53963
Phone: (920) 324-7910
Scanner: 154.325 Mhz
For emergencies: Dial 911
- Dodge County Emergency Management
- Flash Flood Safety and Damage Prevention Guide
- FEMA Flood Map Service Center: Search By Address - This tool tells you if your home is in a flood zone!
- Do You Have a Pet Emergency Preparedness Plan?
- How to Evacuate Before a Storm or Flood
- Disaster Safety for People with Disabilities
- Flood Health and Safety
- Safe Cleaning After a Home Flood: What You Need to Know
- Search and Rescue
Welcome to the Waupun Fire Department! The Waupun City and Country Fire Departments proudly protect ~15,000 people living in an area of 110 square miles. Services provided include fire suppression, wild land fire suppression, vehicle extrication, water rescue, operations-level hazardous materials protection, and fire prevention education for the City of Waupun and surrounding rural townships of Chester, Trenton, and Waupun. We also have mutual aid agreements in place with many fire departments surrounding our jurisdiction. In total, we respond to 150-200 calls per year.
Our members are the heart and soul of the department, working tirelessly to continuously improve and ensure the safety of all people and property in our coverage area. Our members have a combined 288 years of service for an average of 10 years per member. Their commitment to service is also reflected in attendance at trainings (90%) and at fire/rescue calls (70%).
Organized in 1874 when 45 members signed up to provide service to the city, today our staffing includes one full-time Fire Chief, one full-time Fire Inspector, and 28 paid-on-call members. We are grateful for the employers who allow our members to respond to calls as they too play an important role in the services we can offer to the community.
We also participate in the Mutual Aid Box Alarm System (MABAS). Waupun resides within both Fond du Lac and Dodge Counties, affording us the opportunity to be active in MABAS Divisions 120 (Fond du Lac County) and 129 (Dodge County). Both counties have implemented a Rapid Intervention Team (RIT) program.
We are dispatched via 911 through the Fond du Lac County Dispatch Center. For non-emergency inquiries, please contact us at 920-324-7910.
Organizations We Belong To
- Wisconsin State Fire Chief's Association
- International Association of Fire Chiefs
- Wisconsin Society of Emergency Services Instructors
- Wisconsin Fire Inspectors Association
- Wisconsin Firefighters Association
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Dodge County Fire Chief's Association
- Fond du Lac County Fire Chief's Association
- Wisconsin Emergency Management Association
- International Association of Arson Investigators